Hi!

Apparently there's something odd with the 303 redirects for resources
with ":" in their title. Basically, that seems to work from for example
curl, but it fails from Java. I'm not sure what component is buggy there.

Example:

$ curl -v -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml"
http://dbpedia.org/resource/X-Men:_Evolution
< HTTP/1.1 303 See Other

$ curl -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml"
http://dbpedia.org/data/X-Men:_Evolution
...is fine.

$ curl -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml"
http://dbpedia.org/data/X-Men%3A_Evolution
...isn't - that strangely returns some foaf triples though (seems these
are returned for whatever data/ URI you request).

Java seems to get redirected to the latter (broken) URI:

        url = "http://dbpedia.org/resource/X-Men:_Evolution";;
         URL urlU = new URL(url);
         HttpURLConnection uc = (HttpURLConnection) urlU.openConnection();
         uc.setInstanceFollowRedirects(true);
         uc.setRequestProperty("Accept", "application/rdf+xml");
         uc.connect();
         InputStream is = uc.getInputStream();
         int read;
         while ((read = is.read()) != -1) { System.out.write(read); }
...outputs the triples the last (broken) curl command also fetches.

Bug in Java? Bug in Virtuoso?

I found a related discussion at [1] but that didn't cover the ":" case.

Regards
Malte

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00776.html