> I take the point of view that Linked Data are claims, rather than
> facts.

They are assertions. IIRC the terminology was a bit like:

  statement: 'The moon is made of cheese'

  assertion (... I now make a claim about the world, for example by
publishing a respective RDF triple ...): 'The moon is made of cheese'

  fact: turns out to be a wrong assertion (as far as we know modulo
the moon landing conspiracy story)

Nearby: [1]. Now waiting to get beaten up by Pat and or Alan for my
naivety w.r.t. discrete math ;)

Cheers,
        Michael

[1] http://dbooth.org/2007/uri-decl/