Hi Daniel,

> I'm executing the following SPARQL query in JAVA...
>
> PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
> PREFIX rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>
> SELECT ?s ?sl ?p ?o ?ol ?range ?domain
> WHERE {
>       ?s rdf:type <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person> .
>       ?s rdfs:label ?sl .
>       ?s ?p ?o .
>       ?o rdfs:label ?ol .
>       FILTER (  langMatches( lang(?sl), "de" )  && langMatches( lang(?
> ol), "de" ) )
>       ?p  rdfs:range  ?range .
>       ?p  rdfs:domain ?domain . }
> LIMIT 10000 // tried different LIMITs ranging from 1000 - 100.000
> OFFSET 0
>
> ... like this:
>
> QueryEngineHTTP qexec = new QueryEngineHTTP(SPARQL_ENDPOINT_URI,
> query);
> qexec.addDefaultGraph(DBPEDIA_DEFAULT_GRAPH);
>
> But I get, regardless of the endpoint I'm choosing, http://dbpedia.org/sparql
>  or http://live.dbpedia.org/sparql, only this error message. What is
> this error? Is there a way to avoid it?
>
> Exception in thread "main" HttpException: HttpException: 502 Proxy
> Error: HttpException: 502 Proxy Error
>       at
> com
> .hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.http.HttpQuery.execCommon(HttpQuery.java:
> 340)
>       at
> com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.http.HttpQuery.execGet(HttpQuery.java:
> 190)
>       at com.hp.hpl.jena.sparql.engine.http.HttpQuery.exec(HttpQuery.java:
> 147)
>       at
> com
> .hp
> .hpl
> .jena
> .sparql.engine.http.QueryEngineHTTP.execSelect(QueryEngineHTTP.java:
> 117)
>       at
> de
> .uni_leipzig
> .simba
> .boa
> .backend
> .configuration
> .command
> .impl
> .WriteRelationToFileCommand
> .getKnowledge(WriteRelationToFileCommand.java:208)
>       at
> de
> .uni_leipzig
> .simba
> .boa
> .backend
> .configuration
> .command
> .impl
> .WriteRelationToFileCommand.execute(WriteRelationToFileCommand.java:
> 49)
>       at
> de
> .uni_leipzig
> .simba
> .boa
> [...]

There was a setting on dbpedia.org which was too small for some header
problem. This setting has now been fixed.

However when i run your query against the http://dbpedia.org/sparql
endpoint i am now getting:
   Virtuoso 42000 Error The estimated execution time 3212 (sec)
exceeds the limit of 1500 (sec).

Please check if you can simplify your query or use an alternative
endpoint like our http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql which has the same
data.

Patrick
---