Hello,

for research purposes I'm interested in differentiating DBpedia entities
into two types, those which are actual existing elements (i.e., things
you can see and touch) and generalizations of elements (i.e., things
which are abstractions of existing elements).
Examples of the first ones could be: John Turturro, the Golden Gate
Bridge, the Enola Gay bomber.
Examples of generalizations could be: Football, the femur, Boeing B-29
Superfortress bomber.

After reading some documentation on the DBpedia, including the latest
article published, it looks to me that such difference is never made.
Furthermore I wonder if it is even possible to make that difference
based on the information available. Unfortunately, I do not know enough
about the Wikipedia semantics to answer that.

The only solution I can think of is manually tagging entities. That
could be facilitated by grouping elements (e.g., every entity of class
Person is an existing entity). However, other classes would require
individual treatment.

So my questions are these:
-Is there a difference in DBpedia between existing entities and general
entities?
-Is there information available in the Wikipedia to make such difference?
-Based on the DBpedia, is there any other method beyond manual tagging
to make that difference?
-Of the DBpedia Ontology, which classes could be considered as holding
existing entities? Person, Place, Planet, Work, ...?

I know is quite an abstract question, and not fully related with
technical aspects of the DBpedia, but I think this is the place to ask.

Thank you all for your time,
Dario.