On 2 May 2012 18:10, Marco Fossati <hell.j....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've just added a mapping [1] in the wiki and I got validation errors
> like this:
>
> Couldn't load property mapping on page title=Box
> successione;ns=212/Mapping it/Mapping it;language:wiki=en,locale=en.
> Details: Ontology property not found: schema:duration
>
> I'm actually using a property coming from schema.org ontology.
> Validation works well when using foaf ontology for example.
> Any hints?

Reading around your link, "Mapping Validator. When you are editing a
mapping, there is a validate button on the bottom of the page.
Pressing the button validates your changes for syntactic correctness
and highlights inconsistencies such as missing property definitions."

... I suspect this is because (over on schema.org itself) we're not
yet publishing RDF/S property descriptions at the URIs associated with
each property.

We'll get there, but it's not yet happening --- we only have per-term
class pages currently.

There is a snapshot of an RDFa description of the schema over at
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/file/feb8d27d0757/schema.org/drafts/alpha/rdfa.html
and hopefully this will be served from schema.org in the not so
distant future, alongside per-term documentation.

Dan