Hello everybody,

  I was having a look at DBpedia data about cities as for example the area
total property. I would like to know how do you deal with different decimal
separators and grouping separators between countries. For example I found
that in  http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_Rufino the area total is 282,569
km² and I think the "," is a decimal separator according to the Brazilian
convention [1] . However in the DBpedia dataset I found the following
value: 2.82569E11. My guess is that separator is being used as grouping
separator as it is the convention in United Kingdom [2] for example.

I would be very thankful if you can enlighten me.

Cheers,

María

[1]
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/forms/v3r0m0/topic/com.ibm.help.forms.doc/locale_spec/i_xfdl_r_formats_pt_BR.html