On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Jona Christopher Sahnwaldt
<j...@sahnwaldt.de> wrote:

> @developers: We will have to discuss what's the best way to do this...
>
> - Add a configuration value decimalSeparator whose value may be dot or
> comma: "," or ".". Bit hard to read... We would also need a
> configuration value groupSeparator.
>
> - Add a configuration value numberFormat that takes a language code,
> in this case "en".
>
> - Add a configuration value numberFormat that takes a decimal
> separator and a group separator: ".,". Bit hard to read...
>
> Any other ideas?

POSIX sorted this all out a couple of decades ago (and standardized
it).  Why not just use the infrastructure that they've made available
(and reference that standard)?
http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/chemnet/use/info/libc/libc_19.html

Note that they specify monetary and non-monetary number formatting
separately.  It may seem like overkill, but there's almost certainly a
good reason for it (although I don't know what it is).

Tom