Hi Paul,

On 07/01/2012 05:25 PM, Paul A. Houle wrote:
>    I just did
>
> $ bzcat ~/dbpedia_2012_05_31.nt.bz2 | grep 'wikiPageWikiLink' | wc
>
> and got back zero lines.  Is it deliberate that
>
> ?s<http://dbpedia.org/ontology/wikiPageWikiLink>  ?o .
>
> triples are missing from Live?

Actually, the "PageLinksExtractor" is inactive, so its triples are not
there.
The number of triples generated by that extractor is extremely large,
and if we store all those triples in our DBpedia-Live instance [1],
definitely the performance will degrade dramatically.

> If that's so,  that's very disappointing.  :wikiPageWikiLink is one of
> the most useful predicates in DBpedia,  particularly from the viewpoint
> of one who's merging DBpedia with some other KB and wants something to
> fill the gaps in other KBs.  It's difficult to come up with a better
> subjective importance score than
>
> select count(*) {
>      ?s :wikiPageWikiLink dbpedia:J._Edgar_Hoover .
> }
>
> I use Hoover as an example,  because DBpedia,  Freebase and other
> popular knowledge bases don't do a good job of documenting his career.
> Perhaps you could define events for cops (?s :arrested ?o) and
> bureaucrats (?) but then you've got to populate them.  Hoover,
> however,  used his power to protect his privacy,  and a real accounting
> of his notorious career would be impossible.
>
> A historical figure as important as Hoover collects relationships with
> many other entities,  and even if they aren't precisely ontologized,
> they are captured in the page links.  This gives him a fighting chance
> to rank higher than the Foo Fighters or some other entity that secretes
> large numbers of well-formed and ill-formed bibliographic entries.

If you are just interested in the number of page links, then we can add
a property, such as numberOfWikiPageWikiLinks or so, that will hold that
piece of data.

[1] http://live.dbpedia.org/sparql/

--
Kind Regards