From: Kingsley Idehen [kide...@openlinksw.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:25 PM
To: Gunaratna, Dalkandura Arachchige Kalpa Shashika Silva
Cc: dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] dataset access for .rdf resource files

On 7/10/12 12:07 PM, Gunaratna, Dalkandura Arachchige Kalpa Shashika Silva
wrote:
So I am aware of its availability to all of us. The problem I am having is in
getting rdf resource files from the servers when they are down. My access of
server is to get resource files and if I want to have a local access, I need to
replicate a full dump locally in a server. My access to dump depends on other
resource files. For example, lets say I process
http://dbpedia.org/page/Presidency_of_Barack_Obama resource and then in that
file it states his birth place as a resource. Then I go on and process that rdf
file for his birth place. I mentioned the alternative sparql endpoint to know
if there is also an alternative dump set up for experiments like that endpoint
since dbpedia main dataset is down for maintenance randomly. It would also be
nice if we can get to know regular maintenance time slots so to avoid it.

I am looking for a solution of accessing dbpedia dataset without a random
downtime. I do not mind the data is not the latest update. Any idea is greatly
appreciated. Thank you.

Here are a variety of DBpedia data servers:

1. http://dbpedia.org/sparql
2. http://live.dbpedia.org/sparql
3. http://dbpedia-live.openlinksw.com/sparql
4. http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql -- this is the biggest and fastest since it
has a larger cluster setup behind it.

You can also instantiate your own DBpedia instances in the cloud for service
specific needs. See:
http://www.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtAWSDBpedia351C .

Kingsley