Hi everyone,

some GitHub URLs are rather long, especially for our DBpedia wiki
pages. I saw there's a GitHub URL shortener:
https://github.com/blog/985-git-io-github-url-shortener
Now the web interface at http://git.io/ is nice and simple, but it
won't let us choose the short URL. Through the command line interface
we can do that, but it's not very convenient. To have the best of both
worlds I made a small HTML page:

http://jc.sahnwaldt.de/github-url-shortener.html

Example:

http://git.io/DBpedia-abstract-extraction