Hi Adrian,

thanks for the feedback!

I am an Eclipse fan who never warmed to IntelliJ. Developing DBpedia
on Eclipse works quite well for me. Here's what I do:

I don't care much about Maven / Eclipse integration. I run Maven on
the command line and use Eclipse as a smart editor. The necessary
Eclipse config files (.classpath, .project, ...) are checked into the
git repo and should work out of the box.

If there are some changes in a pom.xml that I need to propagate to
Eclipse, I run

$ mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true

and then edit .project and .classpath by hand - mostly I delete
unnecessary stuff that Maven generates.

I usually install Eclipse with as few plugins as possible, starting
with the "Platform Runtime Binary" at
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/ . I then add only the
plugins I need. No Maven plugin.

As for the path settings - DBpedia configuration is a mess in general.
It's a pity that one needs to change file paths in so many files,
sometimes several places in one config file. :-(

You write "20 GB is not enough" - do you mean RAM or disk space? For
most extraction steps, 4 to 6 GB RAM should easily be enough.

Regards,
Christopher

On 8 July 2013 21:30, Adrian Brasoveanu <adrian.brasove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> 5) Most of the errors you will get will be path errors,...
>
> That would be it... If you want to run it on Windows. However I did not
> added any settings for WAMP and MediaWiki on Windows...
> Yes, I am willing to contribute to any Windows documentation or also to the
> normal documentation.
>
> As you probably guessed I am mostly interested in writing custom extractors,
> that's where all the attraction of this framework lies,
> not to mention that it's a good excuse to try Scala :).
>
> Best regards,
> Adrian
>

> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Dimitris Kontokostas <jimk...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Andrian,
>>
>> The project runs with maven3 and the dump pom defines various launchers
>> for simple extraction we use the download & extraction launchers
>>

>> https://github.com/dbpedia/extraction-framework/wiki/Extraction-Instructions
>> the "run" script runs in bash but if you take a look [1] you will quickly
>> find out what it needs to run the scripts in windows.
>> You can equivalently make run configurations in IntellJ / eclipse
>>
>> Once you get it running, could take some time and create a guide for
>> windows users?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dimitris
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/dbpedia/extraction-framework/blob/master/run
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Adrian Brasoveanu
>> <adrian.brasove...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Sorry for re-posting this. First time I got an error message because I
>>> was not subscribed to this list.
>>>
>>> I tried running the DBPedia Extraction Framework on Windows.
>>> I used these settings in the pom.xml:
>>>
>>>                          <launcher>
>>>                             <id>import</id>
>>>
>>> <mainClass>org.dbpedia.extraction.dump.sql.Import</mainClass>
>>>                             <jvmArgs>
>>>                                 <jvmArg>-server</jvmArg>
>>>                             </jvmArgs>
>>>                             <args>
>>>                                 <!-- base folder of downloaded dumps -->
>>>                                 <arg>/home/release/wikipedia</arg>
>>>                                 <!-- location of SQL file containing
>>> MediaWiki table definitions  -->
>>>
>>> <arg>/home/release/data/projects/mediawiki/core/maintenance/tables.sql</arg>
>>>                                 <!-- JDBC URL of MySQL server. Import
>>> creates a new database for each wiki. -->
>>>
>>> <arg>jdbc:mysql://localhost/?characterEncoding=UTF-8</arg>
>>>                                 <!-- require-download-complete -->
>>>                                 <arg>true</arg>
>>>                                 <!-- file name:
>>> pages-articles.xml{,.bz2,.gz} -->
>>>                                 <arg>pages-articles.xml.bz2</arg>
>>>                                 <!-- languages and article count ranges,
>>> comma-separated, e.g. "de,en" or "@mappings" etc. -->
>>>                                 <arg>en</arg>
>>>                             </args>
>>>                         </launcher>
>>>
>>> The error I got was this:
>>> The error that I get is this:
>>>
>>> [INFO] launcher 'import' selected =>
>>> org.dbpedia.extraction.dump.sql.Import
>>> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>> at
>>> at
>>> org_scala_tools_maven_executions.MainHelper.runMain(MainHelper.java:161)
>>> at