Hi all,

Friends forwarded me Giuseppe Futia's message below and I
thought I'd comment it. First of all, compliments to the TellMeFirst
team! I very much like the way they present their results.

Second and
foremost, I realize that Italy is becoming a fertile land for semantic
technologies and APIs based on DBPedia and Linked Open Data. Along with
TellMeFirst, we can count our company (Machine Linking API,
http://machinelinking.com [1]), and also SpazioDati
(http://spaziodati.eu [2]). On the other hand, the market is all but
mature to absorbe such technology: how could we imagine a joint way to
promote semantic applications in the Italian market?

Best,
--

ALFIERO SANTARELLI

Marketing and sales

Machine Linking srl
email:
alfi...@machinelinking.com [3]

machinelinking.com [4]

@machinelinking

Dear all,

from today TellMeFirst can be freely
used via APIs, following our
developer
guide:
http://tellmefirst.polito.it/TellMeFirst_API_Guide.pdf
[5].

To test the TellMeFirst APIs, 500 calls per IP address are
available.
For more requests, you can ask a free API key at
tellmefirst.dev@....

TellMeFirst (http://tellmefirst.polito.it [6]) is
a tool for classifying and
enriching textual
documents via Linked Open
Data.

TellMeFirst leverages NLP and Semantic Web technologies to
extract main
topics
from texts in the form of DBpedia resources. Input
texts are enhanced with
new
information and contents retrieved from the
Web (images, videos, maps, news)
concerning those topics.

Best,

Giuseppe