Kingsley and Josh,

Thanks so much for your responses pointing me to DBO instead of DBP.
That certainly helps my current usage scenario.

Also thanks to your pointers, I found a description of dbp vs dbo:
http://wiki.dbpedia.org/Datasets?v=bli#h338-10

I was also looking to contribute to the info box parsers, which I think the
best place to start is:
http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/Mapping_Guide

Is that true, or are there other good starting points?

Thanks,
Tim