The DBpedia lookup uses a context  independent approach that was last
described, if I am not mistaken, on Georgi Kobilarov's paper with the BBC
folks.

We also describe some of the data that Lookup uses in our LREC'12 paper
about DBpedia for NLP datasets.

But the best way to know for sure is to take a look at the source code on
github. :-)

That being said, I think it would be more fair if you compared your
solution to DBpedia Spotlight, which has context aware scoring and will use
the words in the table to try to guess a URI for each cell.

Cheers
Pablo