Dimitris,

You were right. I just moved it to C:\extraction-framework-master and it then
ran successfully.

So, on to the next problem!

I edited the download.minimal.properties file changing the target folder with:
base-dir = C://Users//Public//wiki_dump_articles,
 and changing language xx to cy with::
 download=cy:pages-articles.xml.bz2

Dumbly following the instructions in section 4 of
http://wiki.dbpedia.org/Documentation, then typed:
cd dump

and then using download.minimal.properties :
../run download config=download.minimal.properties

but that just gave me the following message:
'..' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or
batch file.

I thought the ../ might be the problem so tried:

mvn c:\extraction-framework-master\run download
config=download.minimal.properties.

This ran but failed with:
[ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'c' in the current project and in the plugin
groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the
repositories [local (C:\Users\gweinyddwr\.m2\repository), central
(http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)]

'Gweinyddwr' is administrator in Welsh so C:\Users\gweinyddwr\.m2\repository is
the default (if I recall correctly) location chosen when maven was installed.

Another permissions problem or something else?

Hywel