Hi Bernard,

concerning the extraction of knowledge from list pages, which is not a straight-forward problem as it may seem, we had a paper last year at the DBpedia&NLP workshop [1].

As far as up-to-date-ness is concerned: the current build of DBpedia is based on a dump from May 2013. However, mappings to YAGO may still be older, as they are not extracted freshly from Wikipedia when DBpedia is built, but from the YAGO version which is up to date at the time of the extraction [2].

Hope that helps,
Heiko

[1] http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1064/Paulheim_Extending_DBpedia.pdf
[2] http://wiki.dbpedia.org/Downloads39#yago-links