As I said, an IRI is basically a URI that may contain non-ASCII
characters. Also, every valid URI is also a valid IRI, but not vice
versa. http://dbpedia.org/resource/München is an IRI, but not a valid
URI, because "ü" is not an ASCII character. The corresponding URI is
http://dbpedia.org/resource/M%C3%BCnchen - the "ü" has been escaped.
Note that in RDF, these two identifiers aren't equivalent - they do
not identify the same resource.