Hello,

I am using dbpedia to work with locations in order to compare them and
determine if two locations are same / similar and to what extent. Since my
data source can be user input, the data normally does not match the exact
resource / label defined in dbpedia.

I am using the sparql endpoint for this (right now, i am using the dbpedia
endpoint but i intend to use a local mirror at a later stage).

I am looking to address this but still haven't found a good way to do so. I
give an example here to elaborate. Take for example the region Rhône-Alpes
in France. If i search for Rhone-Alpes in the label, i don't see any
results. Neither in the disambiguation pages or even through the keyword
search (Lookup) api.

Is there a way to address this issue? I want to query such that i get the
page Rhône-Alpes as one of the results when i search for Rhone-Alpes for
example. This also extends to labels in different languages. My input does
not specify the language so the input might be in different languages. For
instance, Italia, Italy, Italie all refer to the country Italy in different
languages.

Thank you for any suggestions / help in advance.

Best Regards,
Ghufran