Hi Parisa,

On 29-Jun-14 11:39 AM, Parisa Noorishad wrote:

Hello,

I found your project a great work! Thanks for working hard on that to get it this far.

I am very new to DBpedia and SPARQL. I would like to use it to make a database of all visualization tools available: I run this simple query:

PREFIX dbpedia0: <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/>

SELECT ?Tool WHERE{

   ?Tool a dbpedia0:Work.Software .

   ?Tool dbpedia2:genre "Visualization" .

}

I get no result?!!! I know at least one tool to have been set for dbpprop:genre to "Visualization" (it is Gephi)... So my question is what Am I doing wrong?

I would re-write the query like this:

PREFIX dbpedia0: <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/>
PREFIX dbpprop: <http://dbpedia.org/property/>

# object is both from type #Software and #Work
SELECT ?Tool
WHERE
 {
    ?Tool a dbpedia0:Software , dbpedia0:Work .
    ?Tool dbpprop:genre ?genre .
    FILTER ( regex (str(?genre),'Visualization' )) .
 }
LIMIT 100

-- live demo link results: http://bit.ly/1jz2oW6

or like this ( depending what you aim to find as results ):

# object is from type #Software and combine it with objects from type #Work
PREFIX dbpedia0: <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/>
PREFIX dbpprop: <http://dbpedia.org/property/>

SELECT ?Tool
WHERE
 {
  {
    ?Tool a dbpedia0:Software .
    ?Tool dbpprop:genre ?genre .
  }
  UNION
    {
    ?Tool a dbpedia0:Work .
    ?Tool dbpprop:genre ?genre .
    }
   FILTER( regex (str(?genre),'Visualization' )) .
}

-- live demo link results: http://bit.ly/Tu1mna

Hope this helps ..

Best Regards,
Rumi Kocis

Many many thanks for taking some time to answer this.

Parisa

http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft