Dear DBpedia users and developers,
DBpedia Spotlight is a tool for connecting text to DBpedia through the
recognition and disambiguation of entities and concepts from the DBpedia KB.

We are happy to announce version 0.7 of DBpedia Spotlight, which is also
the first official release of the probabilistic/statistical implementation.

If you use this version of DBpedia Spotlight in your research, please cite
the ISEM13 paper (bibtex included at the bottom).

Joachim Daiber, Max Jakob, Chris Hokamp, Pablo N. Mendes.
Improving Efficiency and Accuracy in Multilingual Entity Extraction.
At ISEM2013.

The changes to the statistical implementation include:

- smaller and faster models through quantization of counts, optimization of
search and some pruning

- better handling of case

- various fixes in Spotlight and PigNLProc

- models can now be created without requiring a Hadoop and Pig installation

- UIMA support by @mvnural

- support for confidence value

See the release notes at [1] and the updated demos at [4].

Models for Spotlight 0.7 can be found here [2].

Additionally, we now provide the raw Wikipedia counts, which we hope will
prove useful for research and development of new models [3].

A big thank you to all developers who made contributions to this version
(with special thanks to Faveeo and Idio). Huge thanks to Jo for his
leadership and continued support to the community.

Cheers,
Pablo Mendes,
on behalf of Joachim Daiber and the DBpedia Spotlight developer community.

(This message is an adaptation of Joachim Daiber's message to the DBpedia
Spotlight list. Edited to suit this broader community and give credit to
him.)

[1] -
https://github.com/dbpedia-spotlight/dbpedia-spotlight/releases/tag/release-0.7

[2] - http://spotlight.sztaki.hu/downloads/

[3] - http://spotlight.sztaki.hu/downloads/raw

[4] - http://dbpedia- <http://dbpedia-spotlight.github.io/demo/>
spotlight.github.io <http://dbpedia-spotlight.github.io/demo/>/demo/
<http://dbpedia-spotlight.github.io/demo/>

@inproceedings{isem2013daiber, title = {Improving Efficiency and Accuracy
in Multilingual Entity Extraction}, author = {Joachim Daiber and Max Jakob
and Chris Hokamp and Pablo N. Mendes}, year = {2013}, booktitle =
{Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Semantic Systems
(I-Semantics)} }