Hello Emery,

DBpedia Live currently does not receive updates from Wikipedia, because we have
to switch to a newly introduced notification system [1], which takes longer
than expected. That is why, there are no changes processed since January.
Raphael Boyer is working on that and we will hopefully soon start the
extraction again.

Best regards.

[1] https://github.com/dbpedia/extraction-framework/issues/415

> Am 14.04.2016 um 21:17 schrieb Emery Mersich <epmers...@hotmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've read there is continuous synchronization between DBpedia Live and
> Wikipedia, but I'm finding issues with this. I've tried searching for other
> posts with possible clues, but haven't discovered any.
>
> 1. So if I look in Wikipedia at a baseball player who was traded this past
> January, I find this:
>
> Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Revere)
> Current team: Washington Nationals (2016–present)
> First line of text: Benjamin Daniel Revere (born May 3, 1988) is an American
> professional baseball outfielder for the Washington Nationals of Major League
> Baseball (MLB).
>

> 2. Using the DBpedia Live Sparql endpoint I find the team to be ok, but the
> abstract and comment to be pretty stale, he was traded away from the Phillies
> on July 31, 2015:
>
> DBpedia Live: (http://live.dbpedia.org/sparql)
> dbo:team:Washington Nationals
> dbo:abstract: Ben Daniel Revere (born May 3, 1988) is an American
> professional baseball player for the Philadelphia Phillies of Major League
> Baseball (MLB).
> rdfs:comment: Benjamin Daniel Revere (born May 3, 1988) is an American
> professional baseball outfielder with the Philadelphia Phillies of Major
> League Baseball (MLB).
>

> 3. Just to complete what I found, this is what the DBpedia page has for him.
> The abstract and comment are newer than in DBpedia Live!
>
> Dbpedia (http://dbpedia.org/page/Ben_Revere)
> dbo:team: Toronto_Blue_Jays
> dbo:abstract: Benjamin Daniel Revere (born May 3, 1988) is an American
> professional baseball outfielder for the Toronto Blue Jays of Major League
> Baseball (MLB).
> rdfs:comment: Benjamin Daniel Revere (born May 3, 1988) is an American
> professional baseball outfielder for the Toronto Blue Jays of Major League
> Baseball (MLB).
>
> Can someone please explain why this is so?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Emery

Magnus Knuth

Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Softwaresystemtechnik GmbH
Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Str. 2-3
14482 Potsdam

Amtsgericht Potsdam, HRB 12184
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel

tel:     +49 331 5509 547
email:   magnus.kn...@hpi.de
web:     http://www.hpi.de/
webID:   http://magnus.13mm.de/