> Am 26.06.2016 um 12:55 schrieb Dimitris Kontokostas <jimk...@gmail.com>:
>
> Running
> SELECT count(*) WHERE {?s a dbpedia-owl:MovingImage.}
>
> on http://commons.dbpedia.org/sparql
> gives you ~50K videos
>
> Associating these with dbpedia.org resource is something we do not support
> right now
> we plan to do this for images with the help of HPI

Yes, we are currently extending the image extractor to collect all image
references in articles linking to commons. This will resemble a dataset of
links from dbpedia resources to resources in commons.dbpedia.org.

> but nothing planned for videos atm
> @magnus any ideas for this?

Videos and Audio are embedded in various ways in wikipedia articles, e.g.

Template https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Audio
{{Audio | en-us-Alabama.ogg | /ˌæləˈbæmə/}}

Template https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Listen
{{Listen | filename    = Accordion chords-01.ogg | title       = Accordion
chords | description = Chords being played on an accordion}}

Link to the File:-Namespace
[[File:Videoonwikipedia.ogv | thumb | thumbtime=1:58 | right | 320px | Tutorial
video for 'Video on Wikipedia' (''how very meta!'')]]

I’ll check if we can embed such as well.

--
Magnus Knuth

Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Softwaresystemtechnik GmbH
Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Str. 2-3
14482 Potsdam

Amtsgericht Potsdam, HRB 12184
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel

tel:     +49 331 5509 547
email:   magnus.kn...@hpi.de
web:     http://www.hpi.de/
webID:   http://magnus.13mm.de/