Hi Ryan & welcome to DBpedia :)

we are always looking for people willing to contribute to DBpedia and we
have many many tasks that are waiting for someone.

It depends on where you want to focus actually. it will help if you get an
overview on DBpedia first and then have a short chat
http://wiki.dbpedia.org/learn-about-dbpedia

Besides our issue trackers, we have some other ideas here:
http://wiki.dbpedia.org/ideas/ideas/
since you are interested in ML I have some template classification tasks
that will try to formulate there

Cheers,
Dimitris

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 8:16 PM, <sequeira.mtc...@iitp.ac.in> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My name is Ryan Sequeira, currently pursuing M.Tech in Computer Science
> and Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology, Patna.
>
> My areas of interest are Machine Learning and Network Science.
> I have worked for two and a half years in Big Data domain, and have mainly
> worked on Apache Cassandra.
>
> I intend to participate in GSOC 2017 and would like to contribute to the
> DBpedia Extraction framework project as a Developer. Since I am new to
> this community, it would be really grateful if someone would tell me the
> best place to begin contributing to this project. Please let me know if
> there are any bugs for newbie (like me) that I could look at.
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan

Kontokostas Dimitris