Dear Anna Lisa,

We recently updated our CFP posting policy on the DBpedia mailing lists.
As a recap, we only allow CFPs explicitly related to DBpedia on the
discussion list
(for example, you mention DBpedia in your CFP or make a personalised
introduction)

You may find the decision here and please keep it in mind for future
postings
http://www.mail-archive.com/dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net/msg07775.html

Best regards,
Dimitris

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Anna Lisa Gentile <
annal...@informatik.uni-mannheim.de> wrote:

> *--------------------------- SEMANTIC WEB JOURNAL  - Call for papers:
> SPECIAL ISSUE ON Linked Data for Information Extraction
> --------------------------- *Submission deadline: 07 April 2017,
> Hawaii-Time
> --------------------

> * Information Extraction (IE) is the task of automatically extracting
> structured information from unstructured and/or semi-structured
> machine-readable documents. It is a crucial technology to enable the
> Semantic Web vision. One of the major bottlenecks for the current state of
> the art in IE is the availability of learning materials (e.g., seed data,
> training corpora), which, traditionally are manually created but are
> expensive to build and maintain. Linked Data (LD) defines best practices
> for exposing, sharing, and connecting data, information, and knowledge on
> the Semantic Web using uniform means such as URIs and RDF. It has so far
> created a gigantic knowledge source of Linked Open Data (LOD), which now
> constitutes billions of triples (facts). This has created unprecedented
> opportunities for Information Extraction. Linked Data offers a uniform
> approach to link resources uniquely identifiable by URIs. This creates a
> large knowledge base of entities and concepts, connected by semantic
> relations. Such resources can be valuable resources to seed distant
> learning. Moreover, initiatives such as RDFa (supported by W3C) or
> Microformats (used by schema.org <http://schema.org> and supported by major
> search engines) constantly produce a vast amount of annotated web pages
> which can be used as training data in the traditional machine learning
> paradigm. However, powering IE using LOD faces major challenges. First,
> discovering relevant learning materials on LOD for specific IE tasks is
> non-trivial due to (i) the highly heterogeneous vocabularies used by data
> publishers and (ii) the lack of contextual information for annotated
> content on web pages (e.g., annotations often predominantly found in page
> headers) and the skewed distribution towards popular entities. Users are
> often required to be familiar with the datasets, vocabularies, as well as
> query languages that data publishers use to expose their data.
> Unfortunately, considering the sheer size and the diversity of LOD,
> imposing such requirements on users is infeasible. Second, it is known that
> the coverage of domains can be very imbalanced and for certain domains the
> data can be very sparse. Furthermore, the majority of LOD are created
> automatically by converting legacy databases with limited or no human
> validation, thus data inconsistency and redundancy are widespread. Another
> crucial aspect in IE research is the shift of attention from purely
> unstructured text to semi-structured content. Two main source of interest
> are Web tables and Open Data (often available as csv files). These data are
> particularly rich of content and relations but often lack contextual data,
> [...]

Kontokostas Dimitris