Hello Nicolas,

sorry I cannot follow your example. The Terminator6 URI does not seem to
reference anything on DBpedia:

 http://dbpedia.org/resource/Terminator6

Did it reference something in some earlier version? Not in mine from 2012.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 03:19:08PM -0700, Nicolas Torzec wrote:
> [...]
> - On one hand Brown_Pelican
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Brown_Pelican&redirect=no>
> redirects to Brown_pelican <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_pelican>
> and they happen to reference the same entity.
> - On the other hand, Terminator 6
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Terminator6&redirect=no>
> redirects to the Terminator franchise
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_(franchise)> and yet they
> reference different entities.
> - So an owl:sameAs <https://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#sameAs-def> may be
> appropriate in the first case but not the second one.
>
> Cheers.
> -N.
>

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 10:20 AM Michael Brunnbauer <bru...@netestate.de>
> wrote:
>

> > hi all,
> >
> > we are planning to upgrade the DBpedia version used for our app from 3.8
> > (2012) to the current version.
> >
> > It seems that when a Wikipedia entry changes its URL, so does the
> > corresponding Dbpedia URI. This is of course a no go and I don't know why
> > the team decided not to keep the old URI in that case but I'm sure there
> > were good reasons.
> >
> > So the currently used DBpedia version 3.8 has both
> >
> >  http://dbpedia.org/resource/Brown_Pelican
> >
> >  http://dbpedia.org/resource/Brown_pelican
> >
> > with no triples connecting each other. The users of the app I am
> > maintaining have used the Brown_Pelican URI which seems to be the older one.
> >
> > The current DBpedia has made Brown_pelican canonical and has the following
> > to say about the old URI:
> >

> > http://dbpedia.org/sparql?default-graph-uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org&query=select+%3Fp+%3Fo+where+%7B%0D%0A%3Chttp%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FBrown_Pelican%3E+%3Fp+%3Fo%0D%0A%7D&format=text%2Fhtml&CXML_redir_for_subjs=121&CXML_redir_for_hrefs=&timeout=30000&debug=on&run=+Run+Query+
> >
> > There is no owl:sameAs link but a dbo:wikiPageRedirects from the old to
> > the new URI.
> >
> > Why is there no owl:sameAs triple generated for every
> > dbo:wikiPageRedirects?
> >
> > What possible problems could arise if our app treats dbo:wikiPageRedirects
> > like a owl:sameAs assertion?
> >
> > Is it possible that URIs changed without a corresponding
> > dbo:wikiPageRedirects triple documenting the change?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Michael Brunnbauer
> >
> > --
> > ++  Michael Brunnbauer
> > ++  netEstate GmbH
> > ++  Geisenhausener Straße 11a
> > ++  81379 München
> > ++  Tel +49 89 32 19 77 80
> > ++  Fax +49 89 32 19 77 89
> > ++  E-Mail bru...@netestate.de
> > ++  https://www.netestate.de/
> > ++
> > ++  Sitz: München, HRB Nr.142452 (Handelsregister B München)
> > ++  USt-IdNr. DE221033342
> > ++  Geschäftsführer: Michael Brunnbauer, Franz Brunnbauer
> > ++  Prokurist: Dipl. Kfm. (Univ.) Markus Hendel

++  Michael Brunnbauer
++  netEstate GmbH
++  Geisenhausener Straße 11a
++  81379 München