Ah yes, I forgot.

There is also the options that:

- you fix it yourself

- donate money to DBpedia dedicated to speed things up

All the best,

Sebastian

On 11.09.2018 12:09, Sebastian Hellmann wrote:

Hi Peter,

first of all, I would like to thank you for your input at the California meeting last year. We took your advice to make the mappings extraction faster.

It is running currently and after that we hope that it will run each week.

I can also answer you here, real quick. Actually there is a channel for dbpedia-live called #dev-live

We are in quite a restructuring phase. The new DBpedia processes will be (1) better documented, (2) more reliable for a price and (3) more open for the community to contribute.

With regards to the live extraction, we are still looking for a small business model. The main reason is that it is very hard to maintain and we need to make this more reliable and have somebody monitoring and improving it.

Wikimedia changed its API, to be fair this was done in a very professional way. They offered the OAI-PMH for ten years. Then a couple of years ago they had a Recent Changes (RC) API in parallel, declaring OAI-PMH as legacy. We were the only ones using it in the end. RC didn't have the right features for the Live Extraction to work well. Now they switched to Kafka turning off the OAI-PMH. So we missed out the one lifecycle phase in their API changes.

We have a student working on it, with the rest working on the releases and spotlight, however this will not progress fast.

We are happy for any ideas how to stabilize the service. In the end, we are considering these options:

- free to download and self install

- professional support for running it locally

- paid service (with a reduction for members) to make it more reliable.

Actually, it is almost a classical open source model.

All the best,

Sebastian

--
All the best,
Sebastian Hellmann

Director of Knowledge Integration and Linked Data Technologies (KILT) Competence Center
at the Institute for Applied Informatics (InfAI) at Leipzig University
Executive Director of the DBpedia Association
Projects: http://dbpedia.org, http://nlp2rdf.org, http://linguistics.okfn.org, https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt <http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt>
Homepage: http://aksw.org/SebastianHellmann
Research Group: http://aksw.org