Hi Peter,

short answer: The feature is in the dev pipeline:

First, we need to consolidate release quality (at the moment we have duplicates, some RDF errors and unsorted dumps, some metadata UTF-8 issues), I guess this will get better in 4 -8 weeks or 2 releases.

At the moment you can already query some provenance info:

http://global.dbpedia.org/id/57Lcb or http://global.dbpedia.org/?s=http://dbpedia.org/resource/Ronald_Reagan

or via the http://dev.dbpedia.org/Global%20IRI%20Resolution%20Service see Reagan here: http://vmdbpedia.informatik.uni-leipzig.de:5000/lookup/?uri=http://dbpedia.org/resource/Ronald_Reagan

will give you access to the entity and then you can search for properties:

dbo:spouse is extracted from en, fr and wikidata

http://global.dbpedia.org/?s=http://dbpedia.org/resource/Ronald_Reagan&p=http://dbpedia.org/ontology/spouse

dbr:spouse is not yet loaded.

We are working on extending the provenance information to pinpoint the exact dataset file as well (now only linked data links are given on a coarse level)

Once this is done it will:

- be available as JSON as per provenance-data-json.bz2   on http://downloads.dbpedia.org/repo/dev/fusion/

- viewable via the GUI above

- from the DBpedia HTML interface, we will link to the provenance view

Note that we will also allow outside datasets to be linked and advertised soon (January), see the prototype here: http://kurzum.net/dbpedia_banner/Siemens.html

Cheers,

Sebastian