On 27.08.19 00:37, Sebastian Hellmann wrote:
I totally agree with Tom: why should I need 3 accounts + 1 chat app instead of just an e-mail client to follow DBpedia updates?

Actually the number of accounts needed is being reduced. Github is a bit universal, so we are still relying on this. But we are running a keycloak now and will try to consolidate (in some months) mappings.dbpedia.org onto it, plus add your foaf profile or profile link and get a new DBpedia global ID (work in progress). Any community provided application can build on the keycloak as well, so there is a chance for a good structure to evolve, e.g. you could have Chapter-specific stuff, where people can log in with their central account.  Before there was also a Stackoverflow or Atlassian account to ask questions, which then went from publicly to non-publicly visible, i.e. basically unusable. There was also some web app where we collected ideas, if I remember correctly also needing an additional account.

--
All the best,
Sebastian Hellmann

Director of Knowledge Integration and Linked Data Technologies (KILT) Competence Center
at the Institute for Applied Informatics (InfAI) at Leipzig University
Executive Director of the DBpedia Association
Projects: http://dbpedia.org, http://nlp2rdf.org, http://linguistics.okfn.org, https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt <http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt>
Homepage: http://aksw.org/SebastianHellmann
Research Group: http://aksw.org