Hi Dileepa & welcome,

(switching to the gsoc mailing list)

We prepared a start-up guide for candidate students so maybe you can take
some time to read that too.
http://wiki.dbpedia.org/gsoc2013/ideas#h254-2

Regarding the existing ideas you mentioned, you are welcome to ask any
questions or warm up tasks.

About the WebID support in DBpedia, I am not an expert on the (webID) field
but I cannot see an immediate DBpedia use-case for your idea.
WebID uses foaf+ssl to handle authentication but DBpedia is completely open
so maybe you can elaborate further on your idea.

Best,
Dimitris

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Dileepa Jayakody <dileepajayak...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I'm Dileepa Jayakody a research student keen on distributed computing
> domain, particularly interested in social identity, identity management and
> semantic web concepts. I have started studying for a M.Sc by Research at
> University of Moratuwa and recently joined LK Domain Registry as a research
> assistant and currently doing research in 'verified digital identity'
> domain. I'm looking at protocols like WebID [1], FOAF, linked-data and
> related semantic-web concepts to implement a methodology to verify digital
> identity of people and organizations on the web.
>
> I'm also interested about the GSoC ideas in dbpedia-spotlight on "Efficient
> graph-based disambiguation and general performance improvements" and
> "Generalize
> input formats and add support for Google mention corpus" would like to
> get your ideas on how much relevant they are to my research project of
> developing a identity verification framework over web of data.
> Does dbpedia support WebID protocol? I think it will be great to integrate
> WebID protocol in dbpedia framework and implement a identity verification
> framework on top of that.... Is this a valid use case from dbpedia POV?
> I have built both dbpedia extraction-framework and dbpedia-spotlight from
> source and looking into the code at the moment.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Dileepa
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebID

Kontokostas Dimitris