Hi Jiri & welcome!

It is good that the last few days we started covering most of our ideas
with submissions :)

we need to double check but I also think that you are eligible for GSoC.
I took a quick look at your application on melange but the project
description & proposed architecture are so not well documented.
There is still time since the deadline so you can always ask for feedback
and update your proposal. Asking here is free (as in beer)

Cheers,
Dimitris

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Jiri Kremser <jiri.krem...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi DBpedia developers,
>
>   I have finished my master's degree of computer science two years
> ago. Then I was doing Ph.D. for 1 year, but I quit. Now I study
> economics, therefore I am eligible to attend the GSoC.
>
> I was successfully attending the GSoC 2011 and it was really great
> experience and I learned a lot. Now I work as a developer for Red Hat
> on open-source project called RHQ [1]. I've asked my boss and there
> should be no problem to attend also the GSoC (I would like to take PTO
> if necessary).
>
> My biggest project is an open-source system for digitizing books [2]
> and storing all the metadata in a repository. The relations among the
> digital objects were captured by RDF triplets. It is written in Java
> and there is one small mvn module written in Scala+Akka for parallel
> image conversion. My experience with Java is about 6 years, so I
> should know all related technologies like Maven, Git, JVM tunning,
> etc. As for Scala, I am quite noob, but I passed the Coursera course
> last year with 100%.
>
> On universities I had a lot of courses with ML, few NLP courses and I
> was reading a lot of articles about semweb. I created a plugin for
> open-source web crawler for identifying the language of a web page
> using Google Prediction API.
>
> I would love to work on the topic called Massive extraction of triples
> from Media Wikis. I've submitted an application in the Melange.
>
> Talk is cheap, here is my github account [3] :)
>
> [1]: http://www.jboss.org/rhq
> [2]: http://code.google.com/p/meta-editor/
> [3]: https://github.com/Jiri-Kremser
>
> JK