Hi Dimitris, Ravindra

I have just seen your proposal and it is possible to say that is useful for
DBpedia Lookup too.

DBpedia Lookup indexes surface forms, synonyms, etc. in order to perform
disambiguation, offering a collection of URLs that most closely matches the
searched term. Your proposal can help us to improve this support.

If you want to use your idea in Lookup, I can assist you. Also, it is very
useful for Spotlight, but first we have to organize the project before
offering positions in GSoC.

Best,

> Hi Ravindra & thanks for selecting DBpedia
>
> as replied in your application, when you  submit your own idea and close
> to the deadline you run the risk of not getting early feedback to shape up
> your application.
> In your case, as I commented, the idea is geared towards the spotlight
> area but we couldn't get any mentors from spotlight. They would be better
> suited to evaluate your proposal.
> This is also the reason we didn't offer any spotlight ideas this year for
> gsoc.
>
> Cheers,
> Dimitris
>
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:58 PM, Ravindra Harige <
> ravindra.har...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi DBpedia team,
>>
>> I had submitted a draft version of the proposal about 5 days ago, and so
>> far I have received only one comment on it from Dimitris and I’ve replied
>> to it already. As the deadline is fast approaching, I would like to have
>> some more concrete feedback from you mentors on the project idea. Please
>> comment on my draft and let me know your thoughts! Looking forward to hear
>> from you :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ravindra
>>
>> --