To Mentor of project DBPedia“DBpedia Lookup improvements”,

Hello, Mentor. My name is Ya Lin. I am in my second year of Master in Tsinghua
University (Meteorology). I majored in computer science in China University of
Geosciences(Beijing). I read about the project DBPedia’s “DBpedia Lookup
improvements” and became interested in it days ago. I am now been doing the
warming up tasks(used IntelliJ to run the code)and writing the proposal.

In my mind, we are trying to separate one lookup module into 3 parts:
lookup-core, lookup-xml, lookup-rdf.

Core is used for doing the logical query work by incorperating Lucene;

Xml and rdf deal with 2 different kinds of input and output: xml and jsonld. In
loopup-rdf module, it should match the input and output of Google knowledge
Graph API.

We are also trying to make the API internationalized, which is we get the
parameter: ‘language’ and return the result accordingly, am I right?

Swagger is the best option to do the API documentation in my mind and will
produce a html page for developers and users to understand our API better.

Hopefully, we are going to replace lucene with Elasticsearch, which can provide
real-time advanced analytics and massively distributed service.

Here is some information about me :)

• Internship at Letv, an IT company in China, June. 2014 – August.2014

• Silver Medal, the 37th ACM-ICPC Asia Regional Contest, Hangzhou Site, Nov.
2012

• Skilled in C, Second Prize, National Professional Software Design and
Entrepreneurship Competition, Beijing Site C/C++ Program Design, Undergraduate
Group, Apr. 2012

• Third Prize, Peking University Programming Contest, May 2012

Look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Ya Lin