Hello,

I'm a Computer Science student living in Leipzig currently pursuing my
master degree. I'm very interested to work on the chatbot idea. My first
warmup task can be found here:
https://github.com/dobraczka/DBpedia_chatbot_warmup
For the second task I wrote a Telegram bot utilizing openQA:
https://github.com/dobraczka/OpenQABot

I also have two questions regarding the DBpedia Chatbot idea:

1) The chatbot should build on existing QA systems. Do I understand it
correctly, that the role of the chatbot should be on the one hand to
give responses where the user is not explicitly asking a question (in
which case the QA system cannot be used) and on the other hand ask the
user to provide more information if the question is incomplete/ambiguous ?

2) The third warm-up task encourages the candidates to read about
grammar-based chatbots. Therefore I would assume the aim is to build a
closed domain chatbot (similar to e.g. ELIZA), rather than e.g. using
neural networks. Is this correct? Or should the dialogue benchmark
(mentioned in the project description) be used to train the bot
similarly to how e.g. the Ubuntu Corpus[1] was used to train machine
learning algorithms?

Best Regards,

Daniel Obraczka

[1] R. Lowe et al.,  The Ubuntu Dialogue Corpus: A Large Dataset for
Research in Unstructured Multi-Turn Dialogue Systems, 2015
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1506.08909.pdf