On Dec 15, 2010, at 11:20 PM, Colin Perkins wrote:

>> No, they would not.  Just as the encapsulated DCCP header checksum is
>> ignored, the encapsulated DCCP PORTS would be ignored.  The receiver would
>> use the ports from UDP.
>
> In that case, we should just elide the ports from the encapsulated DCCP
> header to avoid the confusion, if we're going to do this.

I'm also supportive of using UDP ports in the 4-tuple, and ignore the DCCP
ports. I wouldn't so much like the idea of defining a different DCCP header for
UDP encapsulation, even if it saved a few bytes (just to avoid separate packet
parsers).

With a shared UDP port at the server, this would mean that the service codes
come to good use (which might be worth emphasizing in the text).

- Pasi