Hi there,

On 10/01/07, Gerrit Renker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

|  > |  @@ -539,11 +528,7 @@ static void ccid3_hc_tx_packet_recv(struct sock
*sk, struct sk_buff *skb)
|  > |  -            /*
|  > |  -             * Schedule no feedback timer to expire in
|  > |  -             * max(t_RTO, 2 * s/X)  =  max(t_RTO, 2 * t_ipi)
|  > |  -             */
|  > |  -            t_nfb = max(hctx->ccid3hctx_t_rto, 2 *
hctx->ccid3hctx_t_ipi);
|  > |  +            t_nfb = hctx->ccid3hctx_t_rto;
|  > |
|  > BUG: This removes conformance with RFC 3448, section 4.3 and section 4.4.
|  >
|  I think I see what you are saying but the code is/was wrong here.
|  Section 4.3 and 4.4 talks about t_mbi, not t_ipi. t_mbi is a constant
|  of 64 seconds.
I meant the passages where the nofeedback timer is set to expire after max(4*R,
2*s/X), where t_ipi = s/X.
Now it is only reset to max(4*R). However - again this is a sideline and not
central to what I think your
patch tries to achieve.

I've reworked the patch to not make changes here as I reread the spec
and you are right. This means I keep t_ipi in the structure.

|  can you move the refactor patch one up in the sequence so
I have shifted it up by 4 - from 3f to 3a - and refreshed the offsets of the
other patches.

Thanks. I'm now in agreement with all your patches except 3d, 3e, 4e.
If you want to you can move the other ones in front of these three so
Arnaldo has a list of agreed patches.

I'm about to send my revised patch which I believe should replace 3d and 3e.

Ian
--
Web: http://wand.net.nz/~iam4
Blog: http://iansblog.jandi.co.nz