With regard to the previous patch 9/9 I wonder if it is possible to remove the
Reader/Writer spinlock used
in the test tree in packet_history.c (field member @lock in struct
tfrc_rx_hist).

If the socket is protected by the socket lock, and the same backlog handler
does not run concurrently, then
the RX history rw_lock is redundant. I haven't changed anything, but am about
to reformat the patches so that
each of them compiles standalone, it is a good time to address this.

The point that I find confusing here is that several new cards (e.g. e1000) can
have multiple TX/RX queues
on the same card: I wonder whether that will make a difference to the DCCP sk
backlog handler.

Comments?
-