12/18/2001 12:42:24 AM, David Hollister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From the comments for 8/23/71:
>
>"This show is usually listed on tapes and in Deadbase as 8/24/71. But, according
>to Dwight Holmes the circulating aud tapes for this show were made by Stephen
>Wade, who says that he only taped the first show (8/23) and not the second
>(8/24). Additional evidence from Jeff Tiedrich also indicates that this is 8/23
>and not 8/24."
>
>If this is so, should there not be a listing for 8/24/71?

Probably only after time travel technology is perfected.  No known tape or setlist
exists, apparently.

Mind you, what can be said w/certainty is that of the two nights, tapes only circulate
of one of the two.  And the two guys who taped it (Wade & Ordower) both agree that
they *think* they taped the first night (23rd), though they both insist on full
disclosure: they're not absolutely certain of that (the above quoted wording should
probably be corrected to reflect this full disclosure.)  I forget what Tiedrich's
evidence
was; perhaps he can speak to that.

Now it should also be pointed out that there may in fact be two sources of the show
(whichever night it is).  Wade & Ordower screwed up, and re-loaded one of the Uher
reels that they'd already recorded.  Thus Empty Pages was lost.  This was patched in
on the circulating tapes from "another source".  So either a) somebody else taped the
same show, or b) the Empty Pages that circulates on these tapes is in fact from
another
show (26th?).

dwight