I saw the following on a Quicksilver web site giving the dates for The
Quick And The Dead tour:

JANUARY 1968
18-band leaves for Pacific Northwest tour w/ Dead
20-Eagles Auditorium, Seattle
22-Eagles Auditorium, Seattle
26-Eagles Auditorium, Seattle
27-Eagles Auditorium, Seattle
29-Portland Sate College OR
30-University of Oregon, Eugene

FEBUARY 1968
2-Crystal Ballroom, Portland
3-Crystal Ballroom, Portland
4-South Oregon College, Ashland

The Dead historians have them in Eureka, CA on Jan 20th and we have
shows in circulation labeled as being from 1/22 and 1/23 from Eagles
Aud, with the dates from 1/26 thru 2/4 matching up.

The funny thing is that I haven't seen any documentation that they
played at Eagles other than on the 26th and 27th.  There are the posters
as well as a shortly after the fact review that only mentions them there
on the 26th and 27th.  I believe that review mentions something like it
was pretty boring there untill the Dead and Quicksilver came to town
this past weekend - i.e. the 26th and 27th.

There is an interview online with David Freiberg of Quicksilver at:

http://www.penncen.com/quicksilver/freiberg/interview.html

In this interview he speaks of this tour and seems unsure if it included
a stop in Vancouver.

I think that the dates and locations of the shows from before the 26th
should be investigated further.  Maybe I can dig something up by looking
through the old newpapers next time I get to the Library Of Congress.

Where the heck is Eureka, CA anyway?     :-)

Dave S.