The Ungano's 12Feb70 vs Fillmore 13Feb70a is on RMGD again, but I was
wondering...

The book "Fillmore East & West" (see below) describes a night at the
Fillmore with Love, the Allmans and the Dead. Do we know which night this
is? Is it possibly 13 or 14Feb70? (BTW I have a copy of this book, given
to me in 6th grade around 1970)

>From Mr. Slabicky's Compleat Grateful Dead Discography:

Fillmore East & West - James A. Hudson (Scholastic Books, 1970)  First
printing in November, 1970.  Yes, this is *that* "Scholastic Books"!  The
final chapter, entitled "A Night At The Fillmore East", is about February,
1970 shows at the Fillmore East with the Grateful Dead, the Allman
Brothers and Love.  The chapter is short on accuracy.  The author describes
"Wild Bill Constanten" as wearing a goatee and a Stetson hat and playing
the gong and the  organ, a dull drums, and the Dead as having played a
song entitled "Miss Me When I'm Gone" (a title contrived from the chorus of
"I Know You Rider".)

http://tcgdd.freeyellow.com/tcgdd.html

"When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty"

David A. Finney
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]