At 1:41 PM -0800 3/27/02, pscotton wrote:
>Thanks David.  You are absolutely correct.  Not everyone is a
>completist and that goes even for those with the best tape
>connections.  Often times highlights circulated because that's what
>people wanted to hear.  This is not necessarily malice, just
>different interests.

I wasn't even thinking of the editing of shows -- just the paranoid
assumption that if it isn't all there, someone is holding something
back.

In 30 years of Deadheaddom and 28 years of collecting tapes (tho
never as fanatically as many others), I have only run into one or two
people lame enough to adulterate tapes before passing them along, etc.

It's one thing to want to hear it all, and another to take it so
seriously that you will engage in character assassination, etc. in
pursuit of it.

--

     David Gans     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.trufun.com/perfectible
     Truth and Fun, Inc.,  PMB 102,  484 Lake Park Ave, Oakland CA 94610