I know this has been debated here and other places in the past but could
you tell me when Mickey started and stopped playing w/ the New Riders ?

   By started I mean....I realize that it began as an acoustic gig w/
Marmaduke, Nelson & Garcia ( right ? ).  When did they add bass and drums to
gigs and  when was that first show w/ Mickey playing drums w/ them ?

   As for stopping, I have been told that it was also the last night he
played w/ the Dead in  ' 71 ( before returning in ' 74 )..... 2-18-71  in
Port Chester.

   Any help or confirmations on this ?

   Thanks, Mike.