> Is Kraitchman (our benefactor at Berkeley.edu who runs the mailing
> list) still on the list?  (I've lost your direct email address.)

I don't know if he keeps up with deadlists, so i'm bcc'ing him now.

> Perhaps we could implement the "only subscribers can post"
> suggestion?  (It seems like we talked about it before BUT the spam
> has gotten so much worse that maybe the reasons for not doing it
> before aren't that important?)

I think everyone would be in favor of that, esp. if we had bounced mail go
to a moderator, as Hanno Bunjes suggested.  I think we still don't want
posts to be rejected completely because someone doesn't want to subscribe
-- we may miss out on some good info from a casual contributor that way.
We could also implement a web form that allows people to forward mail to
the list if they don't want to subscribe.

DAT-heads also has a policy where only text messages are accepted (no
attachments, no html, no viruses).  That would be nice too.

- jfw