There have been some changes to the deadlists and
deadlists-digest mailing lists today:

1) The list is maintained on another machine by
        [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead of
        maintained by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        (aka [EMAIL PROTECTED])

        [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
        [EMAIL PROTECTED] remain
        valid email addresses.   Sending email to those addresses
        with single word subscribe in the body will start the
        subscription process.

2) [EMAIL PROTECTED] (aka [EMAIL PROTECTED])
is still a valid email address to submit postings to the list.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] are
also valid email to submit postings to the list.

3) By default, majordomo will now only allow postings from
        subscribers.   This will cut down on the spam.    This
        will eliminate "Virus Alert" messages from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Unfortunately some viruses spoof/forge the sender's address
        using email addresses from address books and web cache's.
        So, if an infected computer sends virus laden email claiming to
        be from a subscriber, it will go through to the list (with the
        virus removed).

        Hanno Bunjes will be re-sending pertinent email from
        non-subscribers back to the list

4) The archive of new digests (Volume 3) will not be available at
        this time.    I will work on this next month...

5) Email from deadlists will still appear to be from
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Email from the
        deadlists-digest now appears to be from
        [EMAIL PROTECTED] (deadlists-digest)
        instead of [EMAIL PROTECTED]

6) The subject of the digest has changed from "DeadLists Digest V2 #587"
to "deadlists-digest V3 #1"

7) By default digests should go out once per day if there are any messages.
        Digests will also go out when the reach a suitable size as they
        did previously.

        Previously digests also were forced to go out 7am and 4pm (PDT or PST)
        if there were any messages; this will no longer happen.

After today, I will be out of my office till June.

Now you know.