Ned replies:

About 4/8/71 (and the day before, 4/7/71): the answer, as you might
expect, is yes; I remember the beginning of the gig, and a great Dark
Star later and then a long jam, and also there is a great story about
the Boston police back stage and in parts of the  Hall removing most
of THEIR clothes after drinking a little too much of something....It
was one of those special nights with a lot of magic, and deep forces
at work.

(Another plug for CONVERSATIONS WITH THE DEAD, the new edition, which
features a 19,000-word interview with Ned.)

He is going to put up a web page soon, and it will include a
comprehensive list of his appearances with the Dead.

Does anyone have 4/7/71 and 4/8/71 on CD?  I have 'em on DAT, but no
time to make CDs.  Ned would like to have copies -- he's never heard
these tapes.

--

     David Gans     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.trufun.com/perfectible
     Truth and Fun, Inc.,  484 Lake Park Ave #102, Oakland CA 94610