This is not a tape/CD request, because I know to use the Resources for
Traders site for that.

Ref: BAND Grateful Dead VENUE Masonic Temple CITY Portland STATE OR DATE
07/18/67

I don't know about all this stuff, but I WAS at this show and here is what
I can share with you. It cost $2.50 to get in..I remember, cause that was
HALF of all the money I had at the time. I don't recall ANY of the
'opening' acts, although I MAY have seen them. Mickey Hart was NOT with
them. Jerry Garcia was playing a black Les Paul, as I recall (I'm a
guitarist, so I remember things like that). I don't remember the songs all
that much ( confirm a big 10-4 on Viola Lee Blues and Morning Dew) but I do
recall that they were not extremely loud and they seemed to play the songs
with more pep than in following years. There was NOT a huge turn out. I'm
thinking probably 400 people TOPS. As I recall, advertising  (for me) was
word of mouth.

Your's is the ONLY reference to this appearance that I have ever seen. I've
never spoken with anyone since who recall this show except my friend who
was there with me. Frankly, the Dead had been built up in the media even
then to a point where I was actually a bit let down when I finally saw
them. We were expecting something REALLY HEAVY. It was all pretty ricky
ticky and light.