www.otherones.net

>Also, did The Other Ones perform in '96, or were there any Further Festivals
>in '96? I vividly recall going to  the Further Fest in '97, '98, and '00,
>but cannot recall any in '96?

There were Furthur Festivals in '96 and '97, but The Other Ones didn't
exist yet in those years. '96 included Hot Tuna, John Wesley Harding, Los Lobos,
Alvin Youngblood Hart, Bruce Hornsby, Mickey Hart's Mystery Box, RatDog, and
then at the end a jam of a few songs with all sorts of different members
from the various bands. In '97 Black Crowes were the last act, others were
Hornsby, Tuna, Arlo Guthrie,and RatDog and maybe a few others.

>Is this years performance, the first involving Phil Lesh with The Other Ones?

No. Phil was a member of The Other Ones for the '98 tour. The '98 version of
The Other Ones was Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, Bruce Hornsby, Mark Karan,
Steve Kimock, John Molo, and Dave Ellis. The 2000 version of The Other Ones
was Weir/Hart/Hornsby/Karan/Kimock, but with Bill Kreutzman instead of John
Molo and Alphonso Johnson instead of Phil.

-Jeff Lester