It seems that they probably did fly between some shows by late 1968.  I
say that because they went from Florida on 12/29 to California on 12/31,
so I always wonder how many missing shows and even missing tours there
are.

For instance there probably was an entire tour we knew nothing about
between 06/19/68 at the Carousel and 7/11/68 at the Shrine.  Luckily
Bill Lantz spotted some old articles in the Phoenix newpapers about the
one at the Phoenix Travelodge Theater on 6/22.  Did they go all the way
to Arizona for one gig and turn around and go home?

Its possible for a band to travel light to shows sometimes.  At music
festivals and some clubs, the PA is already set up and I've seen
drummers use the same drum kit to reduce downtime between acts.  Guitars
and keyboards just need to plug into the system and they are ready to go.

Dave S.