Greetings,

For years I've heard all this talk about Borreal Ridge being so terrible.  But the 2
shows immediately after Borreal weren't exactly the hottest shows either.

Something was wrong with Jerry during those 2 shows in Texas in 1985 (8/30-Houston,
8/31-Austin).  I can remember seeing Mickey standing on the side of the stage during
Space staring at Jerry and just shaking his head.  In Houston, boths sets were
unusually short.  The Scarlet>Touch segue was cool but when you listen to the tape you
can hear stretches in the second set where Jerry just stops playing for long stretcehe
like in the jam from Scarlet to Touch and during the Space and Other One. Lots of
weird stuff in that show. You can hear Jerry starting Wheel and then the rest of the
band kick into Gimme Some Lovin and then afterwards Jerry starts Wheel again and
finally the band follows him.

At the Austin show the next day, the second set opens with Terrapin, goes into
Estimated, and then leads right up to Eyes but they never play it and just keep
jamming before going into a very early Drums-Space.  I can remember that the first
song out of space,GDTRFB, started before the 45 minute tape flip on my old cassette.
Any else at these shows?

Rob