Jim,

Not that it helps for every situation, but these are two excellent
examples of why many people, myself included, only trade (sourced) SHNs.
When I get Dead shows, I only want them in SHN format, and I want them to
match an etree source.  This means that I got the same thing as the
original seed, no matter how many gens it's gone through.

Do some people find it snobbish and unnecessary?  Yup.  I don't.

The problem with Audio trading is that many people don't care.  Tiny gaps
between tracks don't bother them.  Half a song missing doesn't bother
them.  They receive them in trade, they don't really care, and they trade
them back out again or dupe them for a friend.  They're not even doing
this maliciously -- they're just indifferent.  And you're never going to
make them unlearn their indifference.  The only way to stop it is to
enforce your own rules.  That is, instead of trying to filter the piss out
of the pool, just go to another pool.  You'll find there are plenty nice
ones around.  :)

That's my $.02 and nothing more.

Greg