I know this list is mainly Dead but in my quest to clear up any
mysteries surrounding them in Buffalo, NY (I did the GD/Buffalo
Philharmonic research from '70), I'm at another impasse...

I was having a discussion with some friends about an old theater here in
Buffalo, NY call the Century Theater. Anyhow, while searching online for
info, I came across this ticket stub that is supposedly for the JGB but
the dates are all screwed up.
http://www.psilo.com/dead/showimage.php?iid=2873&text=01-29-72%20Ticket

The 3 possible dates listed on this page are 12/12/71, 1/29/72 or
2/29/72 - these are pulled from what's written on the ticket and what's
in the title of the page.

Currently, thejerrysite doesn't list anything for JGB in Buffalo for
late '71 or early '72 but you do have listings for a "Center Theater" in
'75 and '77 - those did happen, only the venue name is a little off - it
is "Century Theater" - a lot of sites have this incorrect venue title.
They also list SUNY in the title but that's wrong too, probably because
the show, according to this ticket stub, was supposed to take place at
Clark Gym at the University at Buffalo (SUNYAB) but was, again according
to this page, moved to the Century Theatre. As a side note, this venue,
supposedly, was owned by Harvey & Corky, local concert promoters back in
the day. Harvey actually owns Miramax now.

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on this show from '72. The
Dead did not play in Buffalo in all of '71 and '72 either according to
Deadlists.

Thanks!

Jay Gerland